GDCA 2020 Central Division National Specialty
**UNABLE TO SHIP INTERNATIONALLY DUE TO HIGH COST OF SHIPPING ITEM**
GDCA National Hotel Information – click here
May 17, 2020
Dear Great Dane Club of America Member:
As you all understand these are trying times amid the Covid-19 Pandemic. During this unprecedented event, our world has changed and has forced everyone to make difficult decisions. The Great Dane Club of America as well as the Central Division has been posed with a most challenging dilemma. The question on everyone’s mind was, how and if, to proceed with the GDCA National Specialty. The GDCA Board along with the Division Chair and Show Chair engaged in extensive discussions regarding both moving ahead as well as cancelling. It is important to understand that all facets of moving forward were discussed.
The club has weighed many factors from finances, public health and safety, divisional deadlines, and potential risk of liability, and the basic uncertainty of being able to hold the event in October. With all of these factors considered and weighed in the best interest of the Division, the GDCA, as well as all exhibitors and spectators it was the decision to cancel the 2020 GDCA Central Division National Specialty.
There will be many questions you will have regarding certain events pertaining to the National, as well as Division concerns. Please understand the we will all be working together to strategize on how and if different aspects of the National can be rescheduled such as the Futurity, the Top 20, and our Invitational. We are advising everyone to continue to meet any and all deadlines for entries and nominations for these special events. This will aid in the planning and rescheduling (if possible) of all non-regular events as well as maintaining your eligibility should they move forward. Please be patient regarding questions directed to the committee chairs as they will send you updates once final determinations are made on how events such as these will be implemented. All of our judges assignments for 2020 will be transferred to the 2022 National in the South-Central Division pending acceptance and AKC approval. Additional consideration is being made as well for fundraising opportunities within the Division in an effort to support the local divisional clubs. The GDCA has complete faith in our membership, that with all of us working together to support the Central Division in any and all fundraising opportunities, their affiliate clubs will continue to thrive. The GDCA Board has already passed a motion to assure that all funds raised for the Central Division through fundraising will solely benefit the division for this year, waiving the requirement of any monetary co-sharing.
Over the next few months, the GDCA and the Division will keep the membership updated on how we will all move forward. Thank you to our hard-working Central Division and to Arnie Eckenrode and Kathy Baraga for your helpful input regarding this decision. We look forward to the end of this pandemic and our next National in 2021.
Wishing all of you good health,
Jason M. Hoke